In the course of daily life, we have to make decisions. We have the free will to choose our paths, but when complex situations arise, we may find ourselves getting stuck in the decision-making process. Looking at angles, analyzing points and making lists in our heads could help with the legwork, but sometimes we get obsessed.
When we find ourselves growing confused and frustrated, or when we don’t see a solution, this is a clear signal that it’s time to ask God to show us the way. Until we let Him help us make better decisions, we struggle trying to figure out what’s beyond our control. No one here can give us the answers.
5 Steps to Making Better Life Decisions
If you’re ready to see changes in your life–especially in decision-making moments–start a habit of involving God for guidance and favor. Wondering how to make better decisions? Try these five steps:
1. Ask God to help you with your struggle. Matthew 7:7 tells us: “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.” Place your sincere request; God will answer you.
2. Let go of the struggle. Let go of pride. This may not be easy to put into practice because your mind will tell you something dangerous could happen if you stop worrying. Realize that when you turn to God, evil will try to draw you back (setting you up for more frustration and struggle).
3. Trust that God will guide and direct your path. Yep, easier said than done, especially if this concept is new, but your trust will grow with continued practice. Proverbs 3:5-6 tells us, “Trust in the Lord with all your heart; and don’t lean on your own understanding. In all things acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your way.” We can’t always see the path, but God can.
4. Thank God because work is underway. Practice finding peace in the storm because if you’re still worrying, you’re not trusting. When worries arise or your mind tries to tell you to give up, keep going! You want to make better decisions, and this is something God helps us accomplish.
5. Continue to turn to God with every decision. Practice acknowledging God first and praying for wisdom to make better life decisions. Each time it will get easier.
Blessings to you!